!! #update #6/11 #BURMA #MYANMAR #MISSED #Reporter #Ko #Par #Gyi #SHOT #during #interrogation


Five bullet wounds were uncovered on the exhumed body of Par Gyi, according to a doctor involved in his autopsy, speaking to Naw Ohn Hla, the head of the Democracy and Peace Women Network and a colleague of Ma Thandar, Par Gyi’s widow.

“The doctor said one bullet passed through the chin to the head; two were shot through his back and exited through the chest; one was in his thigh; and one in his ankle,” she told DVB on Thursday. “He told us that the gunshot through the back had broken Par Gyi’s ribs.”

No official forensic report has yet been issued.


Killed Journalist Par Gyi’s body was exhumed in a field in Kyaikmayaw Township in Mon State on Wednesday with evidence immediately pointing to torture.

According to eye-witness Nay Myo Zin, the corpse showed signs of a broken jaw, a caved-in skull and swelling on the torso indicating broken ribs.

“It is completely clear that Ko Par Gyi was tortured,” he said. About 100 people comprising Par Gyi’s wife Ma Thandar, political activists, lawyers, members from Mon political parties, forensic doctor, head of district police force,judge, army column, police members and officials from the Human rights Commission were present at the exhumation.
Forensic doctors Yan Naing Soe and Khin Maung Oo, Township judge U Than Aung, witnesses village administrators U Than Swe and U Thein Aung and captain Lu Zaw from No.210 Light Infantry Battalion – pointed out the place where the corpse was buried. it is found that Par Gyi’s body was not cremated as the army’s report said.
They started exhuming the corpse at 11 a.m. and found it at 1 p.m. The corpse was taken to Mawlamyine Hospital at 5 p.m. photo cr. Ko Nay Myo Zin





Than Dar, said police had told her to go on Wednesday to her husband’s burial place at Shwewarchaung Village, in Mon state, but gave her no other details.

She said she was unsure if she would be able to arrange for an independent autopsy.

“I don’t know anything yet,” she said. “But I don’t think they will let me do that.”

The police have said military representatives, the Myanmar National Human Rights Commission, and legal and medical personnel would witness the exhumation, along with police officials.



MA THANDAR, The wife of slain local journalist Aung Kyaw Naing said on Monday that police in Mon State’s Kyaikmayaw town have accepted her complaint and agreed to open an investigation into her husband’s killing by the Burma Army.

“We only could open one complaint for a criminal charge at the moment, which is a murder case. They only let us file one first. But we will add three more crimes soon, which are arbitrary arrest, torture and hiding [evidence] the dead body,”
MPC 10676213_10152524071586374_8257713927300441374_n
” Ko Par Gyi Memorial Fund ” , send your donation directly to Ma Thandar vis Western Union et al, crowdfunding to Ma Thandar, 12/ Ah Sa Na (Naing), 157082, No. (1) Saya Saung Street, Saw East Quarter, Ahlone Township, Yangon, Myanmar.

24/10/2014 Freelance reporter Ko Par Gyi died during interrogation at a military command. He was arrested by soldiers while he was covering armed conflicts in Mon State, southeastern Burma. The government army said he was shot as he attempted to flee.
There must be independent investigation on the case and the Myanmar Press Council must question to the government counterparts.

It released a military statement that said Aung Naing was arrested Sept. 30 after an attack on the army near Kyaikmaraw in Mon state, and that an interrogation revealed he was an information officer for an armed ethnic Karen group.




The military-released photo shows Aung Kyaw Naing (a) Par Gyi with a rank of captain from KKO is seen together with other armed group members in the jungle.The statement said: The army had detained Aung Kyaw Naing (also known as Par Gyi) as they found that he was Captain Aung Naing, the “communications in-charge” of the Klohtoobaw Karen Organisation (KKO), the political wing of the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA).
When Aung Kyaw Naing was in custody, the army asked him to take and show them the whereabouts of the KKO’s hidden arms. When they got near the Shwewhachaung Village, Aung Kyaw Naing tried to grab the gun from a guard and run away. Consequently, the guard shot him dead, according to the statement.
The statement added that the body of the journalist had been buried in a place some 800 miles south from Shwewahchaung Village, and that his wife would be informed of his death and any necessary aid would also be given.
The army had detained him since September 30 after a battle broke out between KKO and government troops near Kyaikmaraw Town.
It was said when the army performed a security operation in the area of a wharf there, they found a man on a boat.
He was captured and transferred to Light Infantry Battalion 208 and later found he was Aung Kyaw Naing as well as Captain Aung Naing, the communications in-charge under the command of Tactical Commander General Saw San Aung of KKO, the statement added.

Regarding the photo issued by the army, Htaw Gyi, a freelance journalist and friend of his, said: “That photo was taken when we were on a trip to interview General Saw Lah Pwe, the head of DKBA on December 1, 2010. On the way back home without getting the interview, we had chatting with Ko Ko Aung, Ko Moe Thee(white cap), and Ko Khin Kyaw from ABSDF in Thibawpoe Village and the photo was taken as a remembrance,” adding that the KKO had not yet existed at that time.



The statement said he was killed on Oct. 4, and that his body had been properly buried near a village.

Burma Democratic Concern (BDC) is very saddened to learn that freelance photo-journalist Ko Aung Kyaw Naing (aka) Ko Par Gyi is killed during interrogation by soldiers. We call for Burmese government to independently investigate the death of Ko Par Gyi and bring anyone responsible before justice. Burmese justice system should be transparent and accountable to restore rule of law which requires independent judiciary. Burmese judges should be able to operate independently and impartially to provide proper justice for Ko Par Gyi. Burmese law enforcement organizations such as police force which also needs to work independently and impartially should have full access to investigate the Ko Par Gyi’s case. Burmese military must accept the fact that in a fully democratic country- civilians control the military and there is no one above the law.

ICRC in Burma should have access to independently investigate the cause of death of Ko Aung Kyaw Naing (aka) Ko Par Gyi so that whosoever responsible will be held accountable possible

KO PAR GYI64247_10152523269474370_7979324506680188490_n

A 1988 generation student activist and freelance photo reporter Aung Kyaw Naing @ Par Gyi was arrested by Government Military in Mon State, while he was covering news in battle between Government Army and DKBA. Some witnesses said they saw a group of army torturing an arrested man near that place around that time and it assumed him. Until now there was no official statement from government concerning that case. It seems like he already died by tortures.We are trying to get more information about him.









MORE IN BURMESE LINK https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/update-611-videos-nay-myo-zin-ေ%E1%82%90%E1%80%BD%E1%80%BC၀%E1%80%ABေခ%E1%80%BAာင္သို%E1%82%95စ/


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s