#SHUTDOWN #BANGKOK #DEPORTATION ตอบแทนผมอย่างนี้หรือ !!

Thai-Indian Business Association chairman Satish Sehgal says he will seek justice from the court over deportation threat by the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order (CMPO) over alleged charge of inciting unrest in the country


Reaction by the  prominent and well-known Thai-India businessman came after the CMPO director Chalerm Yubamrungh is asking the National Police Office to begin the deportation process of Satish.

Chalerm accused Satish of being a foreign national who had colluded with the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) to violate laws on several occasions, including defying the emergency decree;

But Satish questioned the alleged charges saying although he joined the protest stage of the PDRC several times, he never touched on political issues but economical and business issues.

Besides, he said he also spoke on issue related to the monarch institution of which he loved and strongly upheld with urge that the institution must not be violated by any sides.

“So what charge I am facing,” he said and added it was unfair to accuse me,” he said.

He said he has been in Thailand for over 50 years and being a Thai although he was born in India at the time his family was stuck in India during the Second World War.

His family moved to Thailand when he was five years old and all his brothers and sisters were all bond in Thailand.

He  said he could not choose where to be born but what he could choose was he  will die in this country where he loved.

He said he is single and is living and taking care of his 90-year-old mother who is always sick.

As a Thai-Indian businessman, he said he has devoted his life to promote trade between Thailand and India since bilateral trade  with India was a mere US$100 million to now over one billion US dollars.

He said he had been business advisor to six previous governments and always performed as good citizen.

He said he received a warrant on the night of January 23 to report himself to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) on January 24.

However he did not report because the time was too tight that he could not prepare himself to defend.

He said he would fight the deportation case in the court for it was the last resort that justice could be sought from.

After news of the attempt to deport him, he said he received over a thousand people and friends giving him morale support.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s