“We protested on the bridge in the center of the town,” said Htein Min Khaing of the 88 Generation Students group. “After he met with local authorities we tried to pass an open letter to him, but he refused it. So, we blocked his path. Finally he accepted the letter.”
Click to access Letter-to-Mr-Tomas-OJEA-QUINTANA-from-meiktila-Burmese-Version.pdf
Town Elders Group
Sittwe , Rakhine .
Mr. tomas Ojea Quintana
Human Rights Envoy of United Nations
1. We had presented two times to you why and how did this crisis was erupted on
our land. We presumed you will thoroughly understand the situation and concept of ethnic Rakhine people ( Arakanese ) upon this crisis.
2. But you are repeatedly demanding to pay citizenship to all immigrated Bengalis neglecting the Human Rights Declaration article 13(2) and never care our Rakhines’ interest . And you have demand to release one of the key terrorists , Dr Tun Aung with you one sided view .
3. When you declare to come our land , those aggressive intruders, Bengalis , always make some problem .This time they made hostile act even to the authorities concerned . If we lived with them interlacely we would be beheaded and our houses would be burnt down . So we presumed your trip were , if although you have no intents , inciting those intruders , Bengalis . And when everytimes you used the word “ Rohingya “ , which we cannot absolutely accepted ,this calling is amounts to instigation to Bengalis and provokes our Arakaneses’ fury . we want to pay you an example : If a group of English or German Or France Have come to Argentina and settled there , they might probably become citizens of Argentina , but they would never become Argentines or any other new race , because they are still English or German Or France .
4.We have felt that your acts and declaration were always beyond your mandate as a Human Rights envoy , insulting our natives and infringing sovereignty of our country .
5.Abovesaid facts , we , Town Elders of Sittwe , do not need to make more fruitless and useless meeting with you . And we don’t want to answer your bias interrogatories like accused persons, even we are living in our own ancestral land .
Town Elders Group
Sittwe , Rakhine state ,
By – Than Tun Than
– Respect the President’s Decision. (သမၼတၾကီးရဲ့ ဆုံးျဖတ္ခ်က္ကိုေလးစားပါ။)
– Stop Being Unjudgement. (တရားမမွ်တမူကို ရပ္တန္႔ပါ။)
– UN Itself the Human Rights Violater. (UN သည္လည္း လူအခြင့္အေရးခ်ဴိးေဖာက္သူသာျဖစ္သည္။)
– Don’t Bring Terrorism to Our Land. (က်ေနာ္တို႔ေျမသို႔ အၾကမ္းဖက္မူ မသယ္ယူလာပါနွင့္။)
– Stop Creating Conflicts in Arakan. (ရခိုင္ျပည္၌ပဋိပကၡမ်ားဖန္တီးျခင္းရပ္တန္႔ပါ။)
– Respect the Majority of Myanmar Citizen’s Wish. (ျမန္မာနိုင္ငံသားအမ်ားစု၏ဆႏၵကိုေလးစားပါ။)
– Respect Myanmar Law. (ငါ့တို႔ဥပေဒကိုေလးပါ။)
– Right to protect our land. (ငါ့တို႔နိုင္ငံကိုကာကြယ္ဖုိ႔ငါတို႔တာ၀န္။)
– Our law is important for our country. (ငါတို႔ရဲ့ဥပေဒဟာ ငါတို႔နိုင္ငံအတြက္အေရးၾကီးဆုံး။)
– Don’t abuse the Human Rights. (လူအခြင့္အေရးကိုအလြဲသုံးစားမလုပ္ပါနဲ႔။)