Celebrating Chiang Rai’s 750th anniversary amid coal dust and river pollution?
Impacts of Burma’s Mong Kok coal mine and power plant project
21 July 2011
Euang Majja Room, Yupparat Wittayamongkol Building (Central Library), Ratchapat University, Chiang Rai
8.30 – 9.00 am Registration
9.00 – 9.15 am Opening remarks by Dean of Social Science Faculty
9.15 – 9.30 am Overview of Mong Kok project by Montree Chantawong
9.30 – 12.45 am Panel Discussion: “Impacts of Mong Kok coal mine and power plant on Chiang Rai province”
- Suwit Kaewnat, Head of Tambon Administrative Organisation, Mae Korn
- Dr. Kan Thongkaem na Ayuddhaya, Chiang Rai Prachanukhroa Hospital
- Supakij Nantaworakarn, Healthy Public Policy Foundation
- Representative from Shan State
- Dr. Niran Pitakwachara, Thai National Human Rights Commission
- Representative of Chiang Rai Waterworks Authority
- Representative of communities affected by Mae Moh coal mine, Lampang
Moderator: Prof. Nikom Boonserm
(10.30 – 10.45 am coffee break)
12.45 – 13.00 pm Closing remarks by Tuenjai Deetes
13.00 pm lunch
Note: The Forum will be conducted in Thai.
For further information, pls contact Khun Juthamas Rajchaprasit at 086-179 5044
You must be logged in to post a comment.